The Service collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through the Service’s technologies.
Information You Provide
The types of personal information that the Service collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Educational and professional background information;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit to the Service; and
- Uploaded files
If you choose to register and sign in by using a third party account, the authentication of your login is handled by the third party and the Service will collect your name, email address and any other information about your account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your account on the Service to be linked to your third party account.
Information Collected Automatically
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier (“UDID”) and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) click stream data, including date and time stamp, referring and exit URLs, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the Service; and
- For location-aware services, the physical location of your device in order to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
You can control cookies through your browser’s settings and other tools. However, if you block certain cookies, you may not be able to register, login to the Service, access certain parts of the Service or make full use of the Service.
We may share your personal information with:
- Relevant agents, representatives, joint ventures, and entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee or publisher, such as societies and sponsors;
- Applicable suppliers and service providers, including editors, reviewers, credit card processors, customer support, email service providers, mailing houses and shipping agents, and IT service providers.
We also may share your personal information with our affiliated group companies worldwide and with societies, sponsors and other non-affiliated third parties that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you as determined by your choices in managing your communications preferences following the process described below.
The journal takes precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical security measures.